Book for July: Invention of Wings by Sue Monk KiddPlease share your thoughts about the book in the comment section!
Questions to get you started:
- Did this change your understanding of slavery?
- What did you think of the two narrators: Handful and Sarah? What did you most admire about each?
- How did each of their mothers form Handful and Sarah?
- Both of them had a “baptism” moment: Handful in the copper tub and Sarah when she let go of the sea rope at the shore. What did they mean?
- Handful says to Sara: “My body might be a slave, but not my mind. For you, it’s the other way around.” Do you think that’s true? How did they both find freedom?
- Which of the male characters did you find most compelling?
- How is this story relevant today?
Book for August: Yes Please by Amy PoehlerLook forward to hearing your thoughts in August!